Sunday, July 02, 2006

The banana split that made we wonder..

Banana splits are one of my favorite choices for dessert. On a seemingly normal after I went to the "Squirrel Brothers" ice-cream shop to taste my favorite delicacy. I ordered a split with two scoops and raspberry topping. Just before my first taste, I saw a proud couple come in to the shop with their five children, the oldest being a teenager. The family bought each of the kids a cone and the kids happily ate their choices. This reminded me of two things; the first thought that hit me was the extent to which I missed my family and my kid-brother; the second being a very introspective question? While millions of children around the world would not know if they would have the next morsel, was I having fun because I could afford it for the time-being? As much as I don't like giving up to emotions, the extra money I spent for a banana split could easily have fed many poor children in the world if I had the right intentions. Having said that, I believe it is okay to have fun once in a while, but the people who can afford things should remember to help the ones that cannot. Time will tell if I can make a man out of myself once I can afford more things.

No comments: