Monday, March 20, 2006

The Undulating Mind

As I travel on a united airline flight from chicago to austin, I cant help but think of my inability to do any work unless under duress. It took me fifteen minutes to debate whether I should get up from my seat, get the laptop in the bag from the overhead bin, and then, the most difficult part of all: switching it on! Now that I have crossed all the barriers and started typing incomprehensible sentences, my mind wanders off in a direction that is totally undulating, I am thinking of my presentation day after tomorrow, and now, I am worried about buying a car. Then again, I havent really prepared myself for the presentation, and now, Should I buy the car in boston or in salt lake city? Oh, I dont seem to be nervous about my presentation, and now, I wish I had a full time job that would get me a BMW 3 series or a Merc C Class. It is a pity that the mind can process unrelated thoughts at such high speed (Hyper-Hyperthreading!), that I wonder: Will a machine ever replace the most mysterious living thing in this world: The human mind!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think so. The processor speed will be too slow to even satisfy the cellphone needs of a human brain ;).

couldntnameit said...

heheehe...!