Monday, February 11, 2008

Poignant!

I never did talk to him a lot. I never felt the need to. We were fundamentally different people. He respected the system and strictly adhered to its rules. I believed that the system was a byproduct of people and was always likely to have cracks. I was joyed to identify those cracks. He was a man of principles set by our timeless ancestors while I believed in what I thought were principles. His unnerving trust in the system surprised me, baffled me too at times. Yet, I never realized I had so much respect for him as a child. The respect only grew as I my exposure to the system increased. To have never appreciated the man I revered for such a long time only makes it worse. He is not with us anymore after his tryst with destiny, as the system calls it. After a little more than two years since I last spoke to him, his fire for appreciating things for what they were still burns inside me. I can only hope that one day, I will probably see life as vividly and clearly as he did.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So, who is it?

Arthi Ramaswamy said...

Every individual is different in their own way and grow either learning from home or from around/experience... may be he learnt from the former and changed a bit as he grew experiencing but u have learnt from ur surrounding and still improvising on from your experience as u grow... ultimately its all the same .. and u have to respect his individualism ... try to adapt or adjust !!! :)

VaishKan said...

Sometimes in life, we realize too late but the effect is twice what it would have been. I'm sure He learnt that from someone else and now it is ur turn. You must consider urself lucky!