Wednesday, September 07, 2005

David Copperfield Show: My impressions

On a recent weekend tour of Las Vegas, I bought myself a pass to watch one of the world's most renowned illusionists in action for 90 minutes. To use the word "dumbstruck" is an understatement after one watches the tricks in action.

The show started with DC appearing in a Harley Davidson out of thin air in the middle of the stage. To add to the amazement, he predicted that he could go to the Phillipines with a technique similar to "appartion" used by wizards in the Harry Potter novel. One by one, a variety of unbelievable illusions were performed to great perfection. cars were magically created out of nowhere and baby were hatched from a woman's womb. And then the final illusion, apparating around 17000 miles to Phillipines from Las Vegas in seconds and back was done!

The man defys science and travelled around the world in seconds! I wonder why I wasted 1400$ for my trip to Chennai, India; a trip shorter than the distance between Phillipines and Las Vegas!

No comments: