Monday, January 01, 2007

New year, resolutions, and people

It is the new year! And, it is time for resolutions that help orient people towards their goal, atleast theoretically, and temporarily. January is one of those months where euphoria is high enough that everyone has an amazing perspective of the coming year: the images of things coming through to fruition and the wave of expectation and excitement. And during this time, I wonder, if last year has made me a better person in society? Can I get rid of my known follies? I have quite a list of things to do that have been on me since long, but, will I finally take the steps to chase my ambition, which brings me to a question; Do I know what my final goal is? I begin the quest today to these questions during this "man made" new year with the words of Alfred Lord Tennyson in "The Brook",

I chatter, chatter, as I flow,

To join the brimming river,

For men may come and men may go,

But I go on forever.

1 comment:

KyleH said...

As life also, goes on forever so shall we. Good luck, best wishes, and happy new year!